Saturday, March 28, 2020



Agricultural burning- defined as open burning of vegetation such as grass, woody species, crop residue, and other dry plant growth for the purpose of crop, range, pasture, wildlife or watershed management, shall be conducted in accordance with the current Resolution in effect for open burning.

Call 620-382-2144 to ensure burning is allowed before starting an open burn. 

Please do not use 911 to call in for permission to burn.

All planned/controlled burns must be conducted according to the procedures outlined in Resolution 2017-27 Regarding Open Burning   and KDHE information pamphlet.

Information and a demonstration on how to find the Grassland Fire Danger Index Rating!


Burning and Burning Safety from the KANSAS FIRE MARSHALL OFFICE